How to start a food truck business in Mumbai
If you want to open a food-related business, then the food truck business can help you in capital investment and management as compared to the restaurant. Because neither land is needed nor very large staff. The most important thing in this business is, whatever you want to sell, it tastes good enough. Should be good The biggest advantage of starting this business is that in the coming time it will dominate the whole world. Apart from this, you can easily move your entire food truck setup from one place to another.
What is the Food Truck Business?
The system of making and selling food items inside a large vehicle is called the food truck business. Under this trade, the ingredients for making a food item, all accessories, and cooks are present inside the truck. The food truck business has been well received over the last few years. The main reason is the manufacture of various tasty foods, Such as sandwiches, hamburgers, french fries, and other regional fast foods. In this type of business, you can change your location, that is, if your business is running low in someplace, then you can easily shift your business to another place.
Tips for food truck business
The food truck business is currently trending at the moment, people prefer to go to the food truck instead of the restaurant. Apart from this, since the food truck business started, there has been no decline in this business anywhere. In simple words, the business of food trucks is a very safe and profitable, and progressive business.
2) Need Less Investment
If you do not want to invest more of your money, then it can be started at a cost of less money. You can also use an old car or truck in place of a new truck or car. Which is not going to affect your profits.
3) Saving money for emergency
In the food truck business, there may be some kind of equipment problem, so you will have to save some money that can be used in an emergency.
4) Be prepared for long work
You should already decide at what time you will start selling food because before that you will have to pay special attention to cleanliness, management, and order.
More to read about
Truck Business type
1) By trade
From a business perspective, it is divided into four parts, Sole Ownership, Partnership, Corporation, Limited Liability Company. From which you choose self-ownership or partnership.
The first step in the food truck business is what kind of food truck business you want to open, for example, pizza truck food, dosa corner, ice cream truck, etc.
3) The naming of truck food business
Once you have selected what kind of food product you want to sell, then according to that you will have to give the name of your truck food business. Your business name should be unique and attractive.
In today’s market, apart from being the price of quality, the brand also has a lot of value. Therefore, it is very important to have a different name for your business.
How to choose a location for a food truck business
- Before opening the food truck business, you have to find out whether the government has allowed the food truck to trade at the place where you are going to do business by taking your food truck.
- It is important to note that the government does not allow food trucks to trade in some places. Therefore, find out such places beforehand.
2. Choose the right place
- The food truck business is a kind of restaurant in which you have to find a place where there is a large number of customers. However, in this trade, you can change your place of business as needed.
- If you open a food truck business, keep in mind that your competition is directly from restaurants and hotels. Therefore, no truck will allow your truck to be parked near you, so it is very important to choose the location keeping these things in mind.
3. Choice of the vehicle for food truck business in Mumbai
For the food truck business, it is most important that which vehicle you choose for your business, there are different types of vehicles in the market out of which you can choose anyone according to your business. While taking the vehicle, keep in mind that there should be sufficient space inside the vehicle and the vehicle should also have the power to carry goods.
4. A useful tool for setting up a food truck business
Useful equipment for food trucks depends on the type of food you serve. Apart from this, how you make your food products, you have to buy only the equipment used in that process.
Basic equipment for food truck business
1. Truck or other cars
For this business, having a truck and car is the first and basic requirement. Whenever choosing a truck or car, keep in mind that there should be enough space in it according to the demand of your business.
2. Stoves & Jellies
In the food truck business, you need a stove to cook foods, however, you can choose the size of the stove according to the level of your business. The webs are used to keep food on the stove while cooking. In particular, the oven, frying foods, and bread are used to cook with the help of mesh. For example, one can buy a 6-burner stove, 4-burner + oven, 4-burner + griddle + two ovens as per their requirement. However, many types of stoves and grills are available, so buy only stoves and grills that are useful for your food product.
3. Flat Top Grill
Flat top grill equipment is used to cook ‘hamburgers, patties, toast buns, eggs, potatoes, and some special items. To buy this equipment, a capital of around 60 thousand rupees is required. Some people also use a warmer instead of a stove to make burgers, because it is necessary to cook the Bali bread used in the burger on low heat.
4.Fridge or freezer
You must have a fridge or freezer for your food truck business. Its price starts from 10 thousand. Banky depends on you which level of refrigerator or freezer you want to buy.
The work table is required by your cook when preparing the dish. Because the dish is prepared by placing it on the work table. In the dish on the work table, cutting and setting useful vegetables and other types of things are done. The work table is mostly made of stainless steel, but some people also use tables made of maple wood.
6. Sink & Dishwashing Equipment
Keeping cleanliness in the truck is a very important and primary duty. Because in making food-related products, special attention is also given to health. For this, you have to buy one of the three types of equipment, such as a hand sink and side splashing, you can buy any of the standard 3-tier compartment sinks.
7. Fryer and smoker
Many times people use fryers to fry some special food products in low heat, for which standard single fryer with two baskets, deep fryer, donut fryer is used. Many restaurants also use ‘restaurant box smoker’ at this time, from which some special tasty foods are made.
8. Food truck service window
You have to have a window constructed in your vehicle so that you can take orders from customers and after completion of the order, you can easily give food products to the customer.
9. Other Kitchen Equipment
For the kitchen too, you will have to take embroidery, spoons, knives, utensils, which you will be able to use while preparing the food items. Along with this, you will need a gas cylinder, the reason behind which is flammability and quick performance of the gas.
10. Food truck price
To build a good food truck, you will have to spend at least 1 lakh, apart from the cost of buying a vehicle separately. Whereas if you buy a readymade food truck, then you may have to bear the cost of Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
License required for food truck business
- Before you start running your business, it is very important for you to get its license. For a food truck, you will first need a food-related license or a Shop and Establishment license from the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority).
- After obtaining the food license, you will have to go to the RTO of your city and get a vehicle license for your food truck. For which you will need to take all the necessary documents and the environmental license of your food truck.
- Apart from this, you also need to get a license from the fire department. In which it is written that you will follow all the guidelines of the fire department to protect your food truck from fire.
- In addition to all this, you also have to get a No Objection Certificate from Municipal Corporation, after this, if you want, you can also take insurance of the kitchen of your food truck business.
- At this time the tax system in India has changed, so you have to get GST registration as per government rules for your business and after registration, you will also be given a GST number.
- Vehicle risk – The biggest risk is the expense that comes in the maintenance of your commercial truck, because if something goes wrong in your vehicle, then it costs you a lot of money. Which affects your business capital.
- Quality and taste – The trade of any food-related product depends on its quality. This is the single most important thing to note if you want to save your fire truck business from being ruined. Along with this, you will have to change the test and flavor of your food product from time to time according to the customers.
- Poor management – Although every business requires a lot of management, but in the food product business, even the smallest things have to be taken care of. You will already have to concentrate on managing your food truck business, otherwise your business may be slow.
- Hiring and Training – To run your business, you have to hire only those people who treat the customer well and are experts in cooking. Not only this, you will also have to arrange training for your employees, because if the employees are not trained properly then it will not take much time to close your business.
- Understanding of the market (Low marketing skill) – To avoid failing your food truck business, you also have to pay attention to publicity. Because marketing is the root of the success of your business, always walk according to the market and customers and keep incorporating trending products in your food recipe.
FSSAI Registration for Vehicle Food Business