Before starting the business of making PVC pipe, you need to know what it is and what is its use. So let us tell you that PVC pipe means polyvinyl chloride pipe, which is used in construction industry, electricity and irrigation. They come in different sizes, colors and functionality. If you want to do business by starting its manufacturing unit, then this will be a very profitable business for you, because its demand is increasing these days. We are giving you this information about how you can start its manufacturing unit, so read this article till the end.
Total investment and profit in PVC pipe making business
To start PVC pipe making business, you have to invest in machinery, equipment, raw material, space and other things like employee expenses etc. You will get a PVC pipe making machine for up to Rs 20 lakh, apart from this, the total cost of equipment, raw material and space may cost you up to Rs 10 lakh. Therefore, To Start PVP Pipe business, you need total investment of 30 to 40 lakh rupees. However, once you have invested in all these things, after that you will not need to invest in them again and again. It will work for a long time and you will get a lot of benefits from it. Because these days people are getting more number of PVC pipe connections in their homes, so it can be a profitable business for you.
Suitable Location for Starting PVC Pipe Manufacturing Business
What kind of space is required to start your PVC pipe making company, it really doesn’t matter much. Therefore, you should not spend much in trying to get a more expensive facility or place. You can set up your PVC pipe manufacturing company out of the city, as it can be cheaper to do so. In setting up your PVC pipe manufacturing factory outside the city, you will only have to pay for the transportation of your raw materials. Therefore, you will not have to spend much for space to start this business.
Quality Control of PVC Pipe
If you want your venture to achieve greater success, it requires special attention in managing and controlling the proper quality of the product (ie PVC pipe). You must test the quality of your product,
In which you will have to test the tensile strength, seal and how durable its corrugated area is. Along with testing your products, you must find out and study the techniques used by the companies that make PVC pipes. You also need to pass standard organization tests and certifications before bringing your product to market. All these things will also control the quality of your PVC pipe. And this business of yours can start well.
In addition to the above machines and equipment, the major raw materials required in the business of making PVC pipes include PVC resins, DOPs, stabilizers, processing acids, lubricants, colours, fillers, etc. And at the same time there is also a major utility required for electricity and water. You can find out about getting all these things by visiting any of the big famous PVC pipe making company. Apart from this, all these materials will also be available to you in the online market. From where you can buy it.
Machinery & Equipments Required for Making PVC Pipes
Machines Required for Making PVP Pipes:-
|SR.NO||PVC PIPE MACHINE NAME||PVC PIPE PRICE||OPERATION MODE||MANUFACTURER|
|1||HPMC PVC Pipe Machine||₹ 17 Lakh||Automatic, Semi-Automatic, Manual||HPMC|
|2||PVC Pipe Extrusion Machine||₹ 15.50 Lakh||Semi-Automatic||ARCHANA|
|3||TWIST PVC Pipe Extrusion Plants||₹ 8.70 Lakh||Automatic, Semi-Automatic, Manual||TWIST|
|4||PVC Pipe Socket Machine||₹ 3.50 Lakh||Automatic||Aditya|
PVC Pipe Making Process
To make PVC pipe, you have to follow various steps. Here we are giving you information about the process of making it with all the steps –
- Plasticizers:- Common plasticizers used for manufacturing PVC pipes are DPO, DIOP, DBP, DOA, DEP, Rayoplast, Paraplex etc.
- Stabilizers: Common stabilizers for the manufacture of PVC pipes include lead, barium, cadmium, tin, stearate, etc.
- Lubricants:- The widely used lubricants in the manufacture of PVC pipes are buty-stearate, glycerol mono-stearate, epoxidized monoester of oleic acid, stearic acid etc.
- Fillers :- Along with this fillers can also be used to manufacture special quality PVC pipes. For example, calcined clay is used to improve the electrical properties of cable compounds. In extrusion operation, PVC resin is mixed with plasticizers, stabilizers, lubricants and fillers in a high-speed mixer. So that process improvement and stability can be improved. After this the mixed PVC resin is poured into the double screw extruder and the diameter of the pipe to be made is die-fitted there. This composite PVC is then passed through a heated chamber and then it melts due to temperature and compression of the screw. And it changes to the size of the pipe to be made. Then after taking it out, marking is done on the pipe.
- Sizing: After taking out the pipe from the extruder, it is cooled in the sizing operation. Basically two types of sizing are used for this. They are pressure sizing and vacuum sizing etc.
- Traction :- The next operation required after sizing is traction. Tube traction unit is required for continuous movement of extruded pipes by extruder.
- Cutting :- After this the last operation is cutting. There are basically 2 techniques for cutting Rigid PVC Pipes. Which are manual and automatic. Pipe cutting is done through this. The pipes are then tested for the ISI mark, and ready to be supplied.
- Transport: – After the manufacture of PVC pipe, the last stage is transport. You will need to arrange suitable vehicles to transport the PVC pipe to the buyers.
In this way you can manufacture PVC pipe of special quality.
Registration & License for the business of making PVC Pipes
You have to get the following registration, certificate and license to start your PVC Pipes making business –
- First of all register your business as a Limited Liability Company.
- After this, you get a trade license, insurance and tax identification number from the municipal authority.
- Apart from this, in some other permits, it is also necessary to do ISO certification, trademark registration etc. to protect your brand.
- Also, for this business, you will also have to open a factory, where you can manufacture pipes. For this, you will have to get ‘NOC’ from the Pollution Control Board and you will also need to do VAT registration.
- You must find out all the requirements before starting the PVC enterprise. And also you have to apply for Udyog Aadhaar MSME Online Registration for your industry.
- You are also required to obtain BIS certification for quality control of your pipes.
- Along with this, you should also have a current account in the bank. For this, you should give preference to the nationalized bank.
Types of PVC Pipes
There are different types of PVC pipes, which are meant for different functions. Here below is a list of some PVC pipes, which you can see, and you can start your own business by manufacturing any or all of these types of pipes.
SR.NO TYPES OF PVC PIPES
2 UPVC Agriculture Irrigation Pipes
3 HDPE Double Wall Corrugated Pipes
4 Composite Pipes
5 Waste Pipes
6 Water Supply Pipes
7 PVC Plumbing Pipes
8 UPVC Column Pipes
9 Flexible Pipes
10 UPVC Pressure Pipes
11 PTFE Lined Pipes
12 Recycled PVC Pipes
13 Polyurethane Pipes